When you ship your vehicle overseas, a total loss could be the least of your concerns. Whether you’re shipping your classic car by sea or by air, Hagerty provides the specialized coverage you need, coverage that is not provided by your standard auto insurance policy. Hagerty's international and overseas coverage can help protect you from the losses and exposures you may incur.
- Agreed-value coverage – In the event of a covered total loss, you receive the full insured amount**
- Protects against physical damage or theft during shipping
- Ocean cargo policy provides “general average” * coverage at no added cost
* "General average” is unique to maritime law, and applies when the vessel itself is damaged and/or has to jettison its cargo to save the ship. In that event, each individual cargo holder is responsible for his or her proportionate loss to the vessel, which adds additional liability-type exposure beyond the total value of your vehicle.
Overseas Touring & Events
- Provides necessary coverage required by your activity and the country you’re visiting
- On-staff specialist coordinates coverage with Hagerty UK
- Coverage tailored to length of stay and/or countries you’re visiting
- Protects against physical damage, fire, and theft
Visiting Collector Coverage
- Guaranteed Value – In the event of a covered total loss you receive the full agreed value of your vehicle**
- Includes liability and broad physical loss protection against exposures such as fire, theft, vandalism, and collision
- Maximum duration of 60 days for an approved classic car event
Contact a Hagerty specialist for a quote today via phone at 877-922-9701 or email at email@example.com to learn more about international travel coverages.
**Any deductible and/or salvage value if vehicle is retained by you will be subtracted from the total amount paid.
All coverage not available in all states. This is only a general description of coverage. All coverage is subject to policy provisions, exclusions and endorsements.