Motorcycle driven by rider on road
Motorcycle insurance

Our motorcycle insurance program was designed with bike lovers like you in mind.

Already got a quote?

Top 5 reasons to ride with Hagerty

We won't get between you and your bike
Your bike is a symbol of freedom, after all, and we think you should actually get to ride it. That's why we allow for plenty of riding.
We protect your bike for what it's actually worth
We'll work with you to agree on a fair value for your bike, and if there's a covered loss, we'll pay that amount less any deductible*. Guaranteed.
We'll get our hands dirty to get you back on the road
With in-house claims adjusters who understand bike repair. You choose the shop, or get paid to do the work yourself.
We have a proven track record
We have a reputation for following through on our promises and an uncommonly high satisfaction rate among members. Just ask around.
We're affordable
we offer multi-vehicle discounts and club benefits, like a 5% discount to members of the AMCA, VJMC, and AHRMA in approved states.**
two classic collector motorcycles being driven down a road
Collector motorcycles
Your bike gets all of your attention, why not give it the coverage it deserves as well? No fixed mileage restrictions and more money for fuel means a lot more open road in your visor.
  1. Enthusiast must have at least 10 years' driving experience
  2. Minimum value of $2,000 or $1,000 each for collections of 3 or more
  3. 1996 and older, and some '97 to present day
motorscyclists on motorcycles in a race
Raced motorcycles
Track time accounts for about 1% of the time you spend with your raced motorcycle. We offer Limited Trailer and Paddock coverage for the other 99%, like when your bike is:
  1. In the trailer and in transit
  2. In storage or the shop
  3. Threatened by fire, flood, or theft

Ask about a 5% discount for AHRMA members! (Some states don’t qualify)

two vintage scooters parked side by side on street
Small displacement shouldn’t mean small coverage. Hagerty offers full coverage policies for Scooters too.
  1. Scooters must be at least 25 years old
  2. Liability, collision, and other than collision all offered coverages, as well as storage only coverage

Qualifying for motorcycle insurance

Before you crack the throttle, check out what qualifies

We protect motorcycles:

  • Enthusiast must have at least 10 years' driving experience.
  • That are garaged. Fully enclosed – sorry, no carports.
  • With a minimum value of $2,000. For collections of 3 or more motorcycles, the value is $1,000 per bike. This includes motorcycles under restoration.
  • 1996 and older, and some '97 to present day. For newer models, call us and we’ll talk about possible options.
  • That are raced. Any year bike can be considered.
  • That are modified.

Custom built frame or structurally modified motorcycles:

  • Motorcycles must be 1975 or older
  • Minimum insured value is $7,500
  • Replica motorcycles can be considered (A 1951 Harley is restored on a 1973 Harley frame)
  • Custom built trikes are not eligible

Raced motorcycles

  • Coverage does not apply when your motorcycle is on-track
  • No professional race teams
  • Dirt track and motocross bikes can be considered
  • Coverages may be limited or unavailable for some risks or states
  • See Motorsports Coverages for more details

Two wheels or four, you belong with us

Hagerty Drivers Club® gives you roadside service, member-only events and exclusive discounts like 15% off motorcycle transportation from Haulbikes

Get insurance that works for you
Ready to talk about insuring your bike? Get a quote online or give us a call.
Quote now
Online quotes are fast and easy.

* Any deductible and/or salvage value if vehicle is retained by you will be subtracted from the total amount paid. Guaranteed Value includes all taxes and fees unless prohibited by state law.

** Discount available in US only, where permitted by state.

Policies underwritten by Essentia Insurance Company. Hagerty determines final risk acceptance. Some coverage not available in all states. This is a general description of coverage. All coverage is subject to policy provisions, exclusions and endorsements.