Insurance Client Privacy Notice
What Does Hagerty Do With Your Personal Information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share will depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Name, address, social security number, driver’s license number, email address and other contact information
- Premium payment history
- Information from certain consumer reports, such as credit-based insurance score reports, motor vehicle records or claims history reports1
- Information concerning your insurance coverage and premium
- Information about your additional transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Information otherwise submitted by you, such as information filled out in surveys or questionnaires
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the sections Hagerty chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information||Does Hagerty Share?||Can You Limit This Sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to third parties who perform professional, business or insurance services on our behalf||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes2||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes - Information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes - Information about your creditworthiness or other consumer report information||Yes||Yes|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
To Limit Our Sharing
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Marine clients email us at email@example.com). Requests must include your name, address, telephone number, and policy number or client number. Incomplete information will delay or possibly prevent our ability to honor your request; or
- Call 800-922-4050 (Marine clients call 800.762.2628)
Please note: If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Affiliates are companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Our affiliates include companies such as: Hagerty Media Services, LLC, The Hagerty Group, LLC, and any other members of the Hagerty family of companies.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market insurance/financial products or services to you.
Who We Are
Who is providing this notice?
This privacy notice is provided by the Hagerty family of companies, including the affiliates listed above.
What We Do
How does Hagerty protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Hagerty collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Provide us information on an application or for a quote
- Contact us to pay your premium or for any other purpose
- Respond to surveys or questionnaires or participate in promotions We may also collect your personal information from others, such as consumer reporting agencies (for credit-based insurance score reports, motor vehicle records or claims history), affiliates, or other companies
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law3 gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing information about your creditworthiness with affiliates for everyday business purposes
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Other Important Information
We also comply with more restrictive state laws to the extent that they apply. For example, if your billing address is in Vermont or California, we will automatically opt you out of sharing your information with non-affiliates for marketing purposes.
You can ask us for a copy of your personal information. Please send your request to the Hagerty address below and have your signature notarized. This is for your protection so we may prove your identity. Please include your name, address, and policy number. You can change your personal information at Hagerty.com or by calling either your agent or Hagerty directly. We can’t change information that other companies, like credit agencies, provide to us. You will need to ask them to change it.
Nevada law requires that we provide you with the following contact information:
PO Box 1303
Traverse City, MI 49685
1Information from consumer reports may also be collected on other individuals listed as policyholders, other drivers, or household members. This information is not shared for marketing purposes or as otherwise prohibited by law.
2Only when permitted by state law.Only when permitted by state law.
3Some state laws may give you additional rights to limit sharing, as noted above.