Having held an auction in Scottsdale for 41 years, one would think Barrett-Jackson would be…
Auction Recap: Barrett-Jackson’s 2015 Scottsdale Sale
Barrett-Jackson marked yet another “best year ever” at its gargantuan Scottsdale sale as 1,599 of 1,617 lots sold for $131.9 million, a sell-through rate of 99 percent and an average sale price of $82,518. By comparison, Barrett-Jackson sold 1,381 of 1,388 lots for $107.8 million at Scottsdale in 2014 for an average sale price of $78,042. The total was up from 2013’s $102.5 million, which was an increase over 2012’s $90.4 million.
The 2015 numbers were undoubtedly strengthened by the Ron Pratte collection, which included more than 100 lots and totaled over $40 million in sales. The top three sales of the week were Pratte vehicles, led by the twin Paxton-supercharged 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 “Super Snake,” whuich went for $5.115 million. The much-anticipated General Motors Futurliner sold for $3.3 million, with proceeds benefitting the Armed Forces Foundation. Other top sales were a 1949 Talbot-Lago T26 Grand Sport Coupe with rare Franay coachwork that went for $1.65 million, a 1965 Shelby 427 Cobra that sold for a market-correct $1.595 million, a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing that sold for a relatively low $1.1 million, and several newer cars that sold for charity.
Overall Top 10 Sales:
- 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 “Super Snake” Sold For $5,115,000
- 1950 General Motors Futurliner Parade of Progress Tour Bus Sold For $4,000,000*
- 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special Motorama Concept Car Sold For $3,300,000
- 1949 Talbot-Lago T26 Grand Sport Coupe Sold For $1,650,000
- 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 Roadster Sold For $1,595,000
- 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe Sold For $1,100,000
- 1937 Mercedes-Benz 320B Cabriolet Sold For $1,045,000
- 2016 Shelby Mustang GT350 Coupe Sold For $1,000,000*
- 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Convertible “1st Retail” Sold For $800,000*
- 2015 BMW M5 Sedan Sold For $700,000*
*Cars sold for Charity
Barrett-Jackson will conduct its next sale April 17-19, 2015 in West Palm Beach, Fla.