Walking the Walk: Collector Car Appreciation Day
Eleven Hagerty employees drove their collector cars (and one bike) to work to mark Collector Car Appreciation Day on July 9. It was a great mix of American, German, British and Japanese machinery from the 1950s through the 1980s. At least one Hagerty employee is in the market for an Alfa Romeo Spider, so perhaps we’ll add an Italian to the mix next year.
Matt Lewis, an account executive for Hagerty Private Client Services, said that “owning a collector car [a 1969 Austin-Healey Sprite] makes client concerns more relatable for me and it’s a great conversation starter.” Immediately after work, Lewis is off to James Russell’s house to tune the carburetors on the MGB that was just handed down to James from his father.
“It’s a wonderful day to take the cars out of the garage and celebrate everything that’s great about the hobby,” said Rob Sass, Hagerty’s senior manager for Media Services.
- 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle – Chris Winslow
- 1967 Sunbeam Minx – Amy Pullen
- 1970 MGB – James Russell
- 1982 Honda 250 – Lisa Kerkhof
- 1964 Buick Electra 225 – Jonathan Klinger
- 1967-Triumph Spitfire – Jeff Peek
- 1969 Austin-Healey Sprite – Matt Lewis
- 1981 Porsche 911SC Targa – Rob Sass
- 1953 Chevrolet Pickup – Linda Austin
- 1994 Acura NSX – Maria DiStefano-Post
- 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass – Tim Tompkins