TMZ: Jay Leno released from the hospital
According to the TMZ website, comedian and car collector Jay Leno has been sent home from the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles where he was taken after being burned in a gasoline fire in his Burbank garage.
Leno was repairing a fuel line on his 1907 White steam car when gasoline, which is used to heat the car’s burner, splashed on his face and arm and then was ignited by a spark. A friend helped extinguish the flames, and Leno was taken to the hospital.
“The ex-late night host posed for a photo taken and posted by the Grossman Burn Center, where JL has been receiving treatment for the past nine days. In it, he seems to be in good spirits alongside the facility staff, but there’s noticeable scarring on his face and hands,” TMZ said. “In a statement, the burn center says Jay will receive follow-up care at their outpatient facility, this after receiving burns throughout his upper [body], including on his chest.”
A statement released by Grossman said: “Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”
Leno writes a column for Hagerty, and his colleagues here wish him a speedy recovery.
Check out the Hagerty Media homepage so you don’t miss a single story, or better yet, bookmark it.