The predictions for a tough year came true when the Atlantic seacoast was hit by…
Evacuation Plan Checklist
- Make a list of all necessary phone numbers.
- Note how you’ll move your cars: drive, trailer or hire a transport company.
- Choose a backup person to drive your car to the safe area if you’re not able.
- Keep the address of the safe location and directions on hand.
- Outline an alternate route in case a disaster blocks your original route.
- Note how long it will take to move all vehicles to your safe spot.
- Make sure your car is operational and has enough gas to get to your safe spot.
The Flooded Vehicle
- Contact your insurance company immediately.
- Take notes and photos of any damage.
- Do not attempt to start your vehicle; it could ruin the motor.
- Remove broken glass to prevent cutting upholstery, carpet or people
- Have your vehicle towed to your repair facility.
- Ask the repair facility to start the drying process ASAP, removing carpet, seats and trunk carpet.
- Drain and replace all fluids.