Can digital native millennials survive the analog Great Race?
- #RollingAnalog Team – 68th place, 9m36.65s
- Green Dragon Team – 12th place, 1m37.15s
Stage 1: Saturday June 24, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 87th place, 1m13.15s
- Green Dragon Team – 24th place, 0m09.38s
Stage 2: Sunday June 25, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 72nd place, 0m59.85s
- Green Dragon Team – 16th place, 0m10.72s
Stage 3: Monday June 26, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 66th place, 1m17.90s
- Green Dragon Team – 20th place, 0m19.43s
Stage 4: Tuesday June 27, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 54th place, 0m23.75s
- Green Dragon Team – 25th place, 0m12.73s
Stage 5: Wednesday June 28, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 37th place, 0m59.85s
- Green Dragon Team – 39th place, 1m05.66s
Stage 6: Thursday June 29, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 37th place, 8m38.70s
- Green Dragon Team – 39th place, 0m13.40s
Stage 7: Friday June 30, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 59th place, 1m35.95s
- Green Dragon Team – 5th place, 0m13.40s
Stage 8: Saturday July 1, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 99th place, 3m13.80s
- Green Dragon Team – 15th place, 0m14.74s
Stage 9: Sunday July 2, 2017
- #RollingAnalog Team – 57th place, 0m23.75s
- Green Dragon Team – 22nd place, 0m10.05s
Hagerty has two teams in the race this year: Our veteran Green Dragon team and two digital native millennials who are #rollinganalog in a 1960 Plymouth Fury. They’ll be driving 2,500 miles in nine days with no access to phones or GPS.
One stereotype about millennials is that they can’t do anything without getting their phones involved. Ashleigh and Shelbie intend to prove that stereotype wrong, and show that the analog experience of driving is something everyone can enjoy.
Look for race updates on our Facebook page.
If you’re close to one of the Great Race stops, we’d love for you to come out and say hello. Meet the Hagerty teams and see the fantastic cars of the Great Race.
- Jacksonville, FL | Saturday, June 24 | 8:30 a.m.
- Tifton, GA | Saturday, June 24 | 4:30 p.m.
- Chattanooga, TN | Sunday, June 25 | 5:15p.m.
- Bowling Green, KY | Monday, June 26 | 5 p.m.
- Franklin, IN | Tuesday, June 27 | 4:30 p.m.
- Auburn, IN | Wednesday, June 28 | 4:30 p.m.
- Ypsilanti, MI | Thursday, June 29 | 4:45 p.m.
- Frankenmuth, MI | Friday, June 30 | 4:45 p.m.
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI | Saturday, July 1 | 5:15 p.m.
- Traverse City, MI | Sunday, July 2 | 1 p.m.
About the Great Race
The Great Race is an annual nine-day, controlled-speed endurance rally for 1972 and earlier cars. It’s an intense competition based on precision driving and navigational skills, with no help from modern tech. This year’s route route is along the Dixie Highway, beginning in Jacksonville, Florida and ending in Hagerty’s hometown of Traverse City, Michigan.