Automobilia in Monterey
In the last decade, automobilia has hit the mainstream market and has benefited from the steady rise of collector car values. In one form or another, automobilia, which includes automotive art, mascots, petroliana, literature, books and more, is found at virtually all the major car events, including Meadow Brook Hall, Amelia Island, Barrett-Jackson and the granddaddy of them all, Pebble Beach..
If you’ll be in Monterey this weekend, you’ll be able to find automobilia at almost any event you attend:
- Automobilia Monterey at the Embassy Suites, August 14-15 www.automobiliamonterey.com
- The Quail, at the Quail Lodge and Resort, August 17 www.quaillodgeevents.com
- Bonhams and Butterfields “An Important Sale of Collectors’s Motorcars and Automobilia” at the Quail Lodge, August 17 www.bonhams.com
- The Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca, August 17-19 www.montereyhistoric.com
- Gooding and Company’s Pebble Beach Auction, August 18-19 www.goodingco.com
- Concorso Italiano, August 17 www.concorso.com
- Retro Auto at Pebble Beach , August 18-19 www.pebblebeachconcours.net
- The Automotive Fine Arts Society exhibition at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, August 19 www.autoartgallery.com
If you won’t be making it to Monterey , but would like to learn more about this segment of the hobby, check out the debut of the recurring Automobilia department in the current issue of Hagerty’s and stay tuned to future installments of the Hagerty Plus Member Newsletter for in-depth discussions with collectors, dealers and artists.