RM Auctions again conducted a very strong sale at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix. The…
RM Auctions: 35 Years in the Making
When Rob Myers incorporated his one-man RM Auto Restoration shop in Chatham, Ontario, in 1979, it must have been difficult to envision where his company would be today.
Now with 140 employees, the RM Group of Companies is still in full swing. The restoration arm is internationally recognized and has been responsible for four Pebble Beach Best of Show winners since 2002. Meanwhile, RM Auctions, launched in 1992, has now hosted 217 auctions, selling more than 18,000 classic cars in the process, including an amazing 380 for more than $1 million. And Auctions America, headquartered in Auburn, Ind., came about in 2010 as a venue for regional sales across the U.S., populated by a mix of high-quality drivers and just enough six-figure cars to keep auction-goers on their toes.
Particularly with its auction arm, RM has always been quick to seize new opportunities, and longtime partnerships with concours like Meadow Brook (since 1994, now called Concours of America) and Amelia Island (since 1999) helped establish the firm’s brand as a classic car mainstay. More recently, RM has plied its trade in Europe, with great success, and regular sales in Monaco, Paris and London help to anchor and already-busy calendar, which also includes private collection sales.
With Myers still manning the helm and his team continuing to do all the things it does best, the future is even brighter for RM.
Ten Eye-Popping RM Auction Results:
- 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4*S N.A.R.T Spider — $27,500,000, Monterey 2013
- 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale — $26,400,000, Monterey 2014
- 1964 Ferrari 250 LM — $14,300,000, Art of the Automobile 2013
- 1953 Ferrari 340/375 MM Berlinetta Competizione — $12,812,800, Villa Erba 2013
- 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa — $12,402,500, Maranello 2009
- 1964 Ferrari 250 LM — $11,550,000, Monterey 2014
- 1968 Ford GT40 — $11,000,000, Monterey 2012
- 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder — $10,894,400, Maranello 2008
- 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 — $10,175,000, Monterey 2014
- 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540K Spezial Roadster — $9,680,000, Monterey 2011