Hagerty’s Insider 2009 Holiday Gift Guide
1. Car covers: If you’re making your list and checking it twice, California Car Covers suggests that any classic vehicle owner would want a stock or custom-fit car cover. The company features both stock and custom covers for cars, trucks and motorcycles. Griot’s Garage offers a variety of standard covers as well.
2. Fire extinguishers: Friends don’t let friends see their collector investment go up in flames. So every garage and glove box could use a good Halatron or other ABC-rated fire extinguisher. Start at Griot’s, where Hagerty Plus members qualify for a 10 percent discount.
3. Diecasm has the perfect car guy stocking stuffers including high quality replicas, books and media with a nice 10 percent Hagerty Plus member discount on all the products they carry.
4. Busted Knuckle has gifts for car fans who really use their garages. Try their work-bench mats for the neatniks on your list. And for the softer side of your collector consider a selection of skin care products packed in a mini-toolbox.
5. Mac’s Tie Downs claims to feature the best tie-down systems in the business. For general purpose hauling, go with the 8-foot “Ultra Pack,” with four 8-foot ratchet straps, four axle straps, four strap wraps and a convenient carrying bag.
6. Race Ramps is the solution for cars that scrape on trailer ramps, and owners who are sick of heavy, rusty, traditional car ramps. Race Ramps don’t slide, are quiet, lightweight and nearly indestructible. Try the 56” two-piece version that allows access to even the sides of the vehicle when elevated.
7. Hagerty Motoring Journal: If you’ve got a traveling collector on your list who’d like to record a little history while keeping track of what they’ve done to and with their vehicle, then check out the Hagerty Motoring Journal. For less than twenty bucks, plus tax and shipping, you can get this pocket-sized, leather-bound log for recording vital car statistics, maintenance records, trip logs and more.
8. Hagerty Publications: While we’re at it, you don’t have to be a Hagerty policyholder to enjoy any of Hagerty’s many publications. Get a Hagerty’s magazine subscription, Hagerty’s Cars that Matter price guide, or the beautiful, 360-page hard-bound Hagerty’s Classic Car Auction Yearbook by visiting Hagerty.com.