Worldwide Group has announced sales results for their three-day Auburn sale, which was conducted during…
Auction Results: Worldwide Auctioneers Auburn 2012
Worldwide Auctioneers returned to Auburn for its fifth consecutive fall sale. This time around the event was held at the National Auto and Truck Museum, and $345,000 was raised for the museum on the sale of three vehicles alone. The new setup placed the cars in the midst of auction-goers instead of running all of the lots across the block, which was a nice contrast to the less-than-intimate, two-stage approach employed by Auctions America in Auburn. The sale itself was scaled back to two days following 2011’s three-day, 500-car event. As a result, sales totals were predictably lower, but were still ahead of 2010’s numbers by half a million dollars. Overall, Worldwide sold 70% of their more than 125 vehicles for a total of $5.1M.
The auction kicked off with an All Ford Friday, where the run list was composed entirely of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models. The following day brought out the marquee cars, with a 1934 Auburn 12 Salon cabriolet grabbing top honors for the sale with a final result of $473,000. Other notable sales include a one-family Amphicar that earned $64,900, and a 1973 Porsche 911 S coupe that continued a string of big sales for the model at $125,400. Additionally, an exceptionally well-restored 1966 Shelby GT350 fastback traded for a strong $187,000.
Overall Top 10:
- 1934 Auburn 12 Salon Cabriolet sold for $473,000
- 1934 Packard Twelve Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton sold for $319,000
- 1931 Cadillac 370-A V12Convertible Coupe sold for $231,000
- 2004 Ford GT Factory Test Mule Coupe sold for $217,250
- 1966 Shelby GT350 Fastback sold for $187,000
- 1917 American LaFrance Type 40 Triple Combination Pumper sold for $145,200
- 1929 Packard Custom Eight 640 Touring sold for $132,000
- 1937 Cadillac Series 85 Convertible Sedan sold for $127,500
- 1966 Shelby GT350H Fastback sold for $126,500
- 1973 Porsche 911S Coupe sold for $125,400
Worldwide will next take the stage in Houston on May 4, 2013, in conjunction with the Concours d’Elegance of Texas.