RM mailed its London preview catalog last week, and its Oct. 31, 2012, sale is…
Auction Results: RM’s 2012 Hershey sale
RM held its annual Hershey sale Oct. 10-11, 2012, in Pennsylvania. As always, the auction was held concurrent with the AACA Eastern Division national meet, and consignments favored AACA Full Classics and prewar automobiles. Results were consistent with recent history, as the two-day event totaled $9.9M on the sale of 110 vehicles. Last year’s sale tallied $10.1M, mostly thanks to the 1884 De Dion Bouton Et Trepardoux Dos-A-Dos Steam Runabout that sold for $4.62M.
The two top spots were Duesenberg Model Js, with a 1931 Dual Windshield fetching $1.3M and a 1929 Sport Sedan realizing $792,000. Other notable sales were a 1955 Studebaker President Speedster that sold for a strong $68,750, and a 1936 Auburn 852SC Cabriolet selling for a reasonable $132,000. Interestingly, a trio of Kaiser-Frazers appeared, one of which was a four-door convertible and the other two being sedans. These orphaned cars rarely appear at public auction, and they sold for $57,200 for the drop-top, and $49,500 and $37,400 for the sedans.
- 1931 Duesenberg Model J Dual Windshield sold for $1,292,500
- 1929 Duesenberg Model J Sport Sedan sold for $792,000
- 1933 Packard Twelve Convertible Coupe sold for $451,000
- 1894 Silsby Horse Drawn Steam Pumper sold for $396,000
- 1933 Packard Twelve Convertible Victoria sold for $357,500
- 1903 Ford Model A Rear Entry Tonneau sold for $264,000
- 1913 Simplex 38HP 5-Passenger Touring sold for $214,500
- 1909 Pierce-Arrow 36HP 3-Passenger Runabout sold for $192,500
- 1953 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Coupe sold for $187,000
- 1933 Packard Super Eight Model 1004 5 7-Passenger Touring sold for $154,000
1932 Ford V8 Convertible Victoria sold for $154,000
1931 Stutz SV16 Cabriolet sold for $154,000
RM’s next sale is a one-off auction of the Charlie Thomas Collection, held in Dallas, Texas, on Oct. 20, 2012.