My dad bought a basket case in 1968 with body work needed and a cracked block. We tried to heli-arc the block and it seemed to do the trick at first, but it turned on us and went sour. We found a wrecked 68 with a good motor and made a deal. Part of the deal was a surprising fact that we could have all of the dash parts we could pull while the engine was being pulled. I practiced every night for a week stripping the dash and putting it back together just to strip it the next evening. Then d - day came and we headed to the salvage yard and had at. We came home not only with a fresh engine, but with every light bulb, every gage, and many more trim parts with us too. Practice did make perfect.