Auction Recap: Russo and Steele’s 2015 Scottsdale Sale
Russo and Steele returned for their 15th year in Scottsdale and saw their strongest sale yet. With total sales reported at $19.6 million that is a 3% gain over last year. While that is not a stratospheric jump, Russo and Steele had experienced relatively consistent sales totals year over year. With 67% of the over 660 vehicles consigned reported sold, that is a 6% gain over last year.
The star of the show was a 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster which sold for a reasonable $1.4 million. With strong interest for the 300SL over the past two years, it is almost surprising to see one sell at a market correct price anymore. A rare 1 of 69 built 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 with race history also grabbed the spotlight when it sold for a low $335,500. The rest of the top sales were taken up by a unique combination of muscle cars, European sports cars, a ’37 Cord and a motorhome. That just goes to show that a little something for everyone was at the event.
Top 10 Sales:
- 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster Sold for $1,430,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Sold for $335,500
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Sold for $330,000
- 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 Coupe Sold for $302,500
- 1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Sold for $286,000
- 1970 Plymouth Cuda Hardtop Coupe 426/425 Sold for $286,000
- 2001 Prevost XL Motorhome Sold for $206,250
- 1959 Echidna Roadster Sold for $162,800
- 1937 Cord 812 Sportsman Cabriolet Sold for $151,250
- 1953 Jaguar XK120 Roadster Sold for $143,000
Russo and Steele’s next event will be held at Newport Beach, CA from June 5-7.