RM Auctions followed up its successful sale of the Milhous Collection with its 14th annual…
Auction Results: RM Auctions 2013 Amelia Island sale
RM Auctions held its 15th annual Amelia Island sale last Saturday, Mar. 9, 2013, with great results. In all, 81 of 88 lots sold for a total of $26.6M, which was a 15% increase over last year’s event.
High sale for the weekend was RM’s 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Convertible Coupe by Walker-LaGrande, which sold for $4.51M to set the record for most expensive car ever sold during Amelia Island festivities. The highly touted 1948 Tucker, which is reportedly one of the finest driving Tuckers in existence, started strong but stalled at $1.475M and failed to sell. Some remarkable cars that did sell include a 1958 Fiat Jolly 600 that found a new home for $110,000, a 1967 Fiat Dino Spider that sold for $99,000, and a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 190SL convertible that garnered an incredible $220,000.
- 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe sold for $4,510,000
- 1933 Stutz DV32 Rollston Convertible Victoria sold for $1,512,500
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Berlinetta sold for $1,375,000
- 1952 Ferrari 225 “Tuboscocca” Sport Berlinetta sold for $1,237,500
- 1911 Lozier Model 51 7-Passenger Touring sold for $1,100,000
- 1930 Cord L-29 Voll & Ruhrbeck Sport Cabriolet sold for $990,000
- 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Roadster sold for $836,000
- 1931 Duesenberg Model J Derham Tourster sold for $825,000
- 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster sold for $792,000
- 1930 Stutz SV16 Weymann Monte Carlo sold for $550,000
RM’s next scheduled auction is of the Don Davis Collection in Fort Worth, Texas, April 27, 2013.