Leake Auctions has been an Oklahoma institution for car enthusiasts since the mid-1960s and now…
Auction Recap: Leake’s 2015 Oklahoma City Sale
Leake Auction Company started the year out right with its annual Oklahoma City sale bringing in their highest ever numbers for this event at $6.7M. This 6% bump from last year’s totals can be attributed to a noticeable increase in consignments, although the sell-through rate dropped by 7% from last year to 65%. The sale included a good mix of classic cars, customs and performance luxury vehicles. The top sale went to a 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera Speedster at $190,300. This is hardly a surprising result, as these cars have been rocketing upward in value over the past year. There were very few produced to begin with, and many are still in excellent shape since quite a few were purchased as instant collectibles. Not far behind was a Pro-Touring-built 1967 Corvette Convertible, which sold for $154,000 and came sporting a modern Corvette drivetrain, modern suspension and no-expense-spared exterior presentation.
Other notable sales were a 1990 Ferrari Testarossa, which sold for $69,850. Although this was a relatively low price paid for one now, it would have been top dollar a year ago. Another was a 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge Coupe 400/366, which sold for $58,300. It was an older restoration but carried PHS verification and still sold for below average value for one of these cars. Perhaps the most surprising sale was a 1990 Chevrolet K5 Blazer at $22,660. It had a TBI-injected 350 and a 4” lift, which certainly helps desirability. Everyone in the room who once owned one of those trucks must have been kicking themselves for selling theirs back in the day.
- 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera Speedster sold for $190,300
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible sold for $154,000
- 2008 Bentley Continental GT Convertible sold for $86,900
- 2013 Porsche Panamera GTS Sedan sold for $85,800
- 1971 Oldsmobile 4-4-2 W-30 455/350 Convertible sold for $85,250
- 2008 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sold for $84,700
- 2011 Local Motors Rally Fighter and Trailer sold for $74,800
- 2006 Bentley Continental GT Coupe sold for $70,950
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 327/365 sold for $70,400
- 1990 Ferrari Testarossa sold for $69,850
Leake’s next classic car auction will be in Dallas, TX from April 17-19, 2015.