Bonhams conducted its sixth annual Greenwich, Conn., auction this past weekend, June 2, 2013. The…
Auction Results: Bonhams’ 2013 Boca Raton sale
Bonhams held its first sale in Boca Raton, Fla., on Feb. 23, 2013, in conjunction with the annual Boca Raton Concours. The sale was successful in establishing presence for Bonhams in the Sunshine State, so expect this to become an annual event on Bonhams’ schedule, with a larger run next year. In all, 47 of 56 cars sold (84%) for a total of $3.7M.
Top sale for the afternoon was a matching-numbers 1930 Duesenberg Model J that was used by E.L. Cord’s wife in the 1930s. Originally bodied as a limousine by Judkins and frequently used in movies, the J was later rebodied in the style of the Walker LaGrande Torpedo Phaeton by Fran Roxas in the 1980s, and it sold on Saturday for $698,500, including buyer’s premium. Other interesting sales included a twin-engined 1962 Citroën 2CV Sahara 4×4 that earned $80,300, and a very strong $22,000 result for a 40,000-mile 1977 Mercedes-Benz 450SLC coupe.
- 1930 Duesenberg Model J Torpedo Phaeton sold for $698,500
- 1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spyder Conversion sold for $390,500
- 1963 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III Drophead Coupe Conversion sold for $264,000
- 1962 Jaguar E-Type SI Roadster sold for $165,000
- 1956 Jaguar XK140 MC Roadster sold for $143,000
- 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale sold for $143,000
- 1984 Ferrari 512 BBi Berlinetta Boxer sold for $126,500
- 1947 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country Convertible sold for $110,000
- 1964 Jaguar E-Type SI Convertible sold for $96,800
- 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider sold for $93,500
Bonhams’ next automotive auction is scheduled for March 2, 2013, in Oxford, England. The company’s next American sale is its annual Greenwich, Conn., event, slated for Jun. 2, 2013.