Auction Results Barrett-Jacksons 2012 Las Vegas sale
Barrett-Jackson held its fifth annual Las Vegas sale Sept. 20-22, 2012, at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino. The sale saw all 524 automotive lots sell for a total of $23M. This amount was 5 percent less than 2011, though virtually identical to the 2009 and 2010 numbers. Barrett-Jackson’s first Vegas sale in 2008 remains its high-water mark at just under $30M.
As has been Barrett-Jackson’s recent formula — especially for the sales conducted outside of Scottsdale — nearly 40 percent of the consignments were modified vehicles. Overall, the quality of construction on these resto-rods and customized vehicles was high, as their relatively high sales prices confirm.
The high sale of the auction was a 1967 Shelby GT500 SE Super Snake continuation fastback coupe, which sold for $330,000. A 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird with automatic transmission traded for a very strong $297,000. Even more remarkable was a rare Pastel Grey 1970 Shelby GT500 Sports Roof coupe that sold for $220,000, or twice what price guides would suggest.
- 1967 Shelby GT500 SE Super Snake Continuation Fastback sold for $330,000
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird Hemi sold for $297,000
- 1967 Ford Mustang Custom Fastback sold for $275,000
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback sold for $247,500
- 1970 Shelby GT500 Fastback sold for $220,000
- 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago Convertible sold for $220,000
- 1956 Chevrolet 210 Foose Roadster sold for $165,000
- 1966 Shelby GT350 Fastback sold for $154,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette LS3 Custom Convertible sold for $148,500
- 1958 Chevrolet Corvette LS2 Custom Convertible sold for $143,000
Barrett-Jackson’s next sale will be at West World in Scottsdale from Jan. 13 to 20, 2013. The company’s Salon Collection returns again this year, and Barrett-Jackson has already assembled an impressive lineup for Saturday’s prime slots: a 1947 Talbot Lago T-26 Grand Sport coupe, a 1949 Delahaye 135MS Selborne roadster and a In-Violet 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda convertible.