Auction Results: Bonhams’ 2013 Greenwich sale
Bonhams conducted its sixth annual Greenwich, Conn., auction this past weekend, June 2, 2013. The sale notched $5.3M from the sale of 70 out of 99 vehicular lots. This total is virtually identical to last year’s $5.3M figure, and significantly better than the 2011 and 2010 sales.
The high sale for the day went to a well-documented and restored 1930 Bugatti Type 43 Supercharged 2/4 Seater Sports that ultimately earned a final post-block sale price of $875,000, including buyer’s premium. A right-hand-drive 1967 Aston Martin DB6 Vanatage Volante, one of only 29 built to Vantage spec, placed second at $825,000. Other cars of note were a 1959 Alfa Romeo 2000 Touring Spider that sold for a very strong $71,500 and a 1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL equipped with air, a hard top, and automatic that sold at the low end for $33,000.
- 1930 Bugatti Type 43 Supercharged 2/4 Seater Sports sold for $875,000
- 1967 Aston Martin DB6 Vantage Volante sold for $825,000
- 1905 George N. Pierce Great Arrow 28/32 Five-Passenger Roi Des Belges sold for $243,100
- 1923 Rolls-Royce 40/50hp Silver Ghost Pall Mall Tourer sold for $233,200
- 1911 Winton 17b Five-Passenger Touring sold for $220,000
- 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom I Newmarket All-Weather Phaeton sold for $187,000
- 1957 Porsche 356A Speedster sold for $177,100
- 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Convertible sold for $143,000
- 1936 Cord 812 Phaeton sold for $135,300
- 1948 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country Convertible sold for $126,500
1952 Jaguar XK120 Roadster sold for $126,500
Bonhams’ next sale will be held June 15 in Oxford, England, with the company’s next U.S. sale scheduled for Quail Lodge, Calif., on Aug. 16, 2013.