Barrett-Jackson Auction Newcomer Tips
What began as an interest in a V-16 Cadillac between two Arizona car buffs has grown into an annual event that grossed close to $30 million in classic auto sales in 2003. When Tom Barrett and Russ Jackson met in 1960 to discuss the sale of Mr. Barrett’s 1933 Town Car, no one would have anticipated the growth of their friendship into the event that sets the standard every year for collector car auctions.
Hagerty Insurance is proud to once again sponsor the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction, held at WestWorld in Scottsdale from January 22-25, 2004. It has become the annual barometer for the strength of the collector car industry, and we’ve seen everything from record high dollar sales to unbelievable bargains cross the block there. We thought you might like a quick guide to getting the most from your auction experience and maybe persuade you to visit sunny Scottsdale in 2004:
- Book your accommodations now. Despite an amazing array of fine resorts and hotels, the Scottsdale area reaches capacity during January due to perfect weather, fabulous golf amenities, and events such as Barrett-Jackson and the PGA Tour’s Phoenix Open.Visit www.barrett-jackson.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for rates and availability.
- Register to bid. Barrett-Jackson requires the following: a copy of your Drivers License, a recent color photo, verification of your ability to pay (bank guarantee, cash deposit, or cashier’s check in the amount of your requested bid limit), and a completed and signed Bidder Agreement Form. The $300 bidders fee will be applied to your first paid vehicle purchase. Visit www.barrett-jackson.com for more complete details.
- Register to sell. Complete the Preliminary Consignment Request Form available at www.barrett-jackson.com, and a member of their staff will contact you promptly.
- Consider signing up for the Sports Car Market Insider’s Seminar. The 3 days of seminars include market discussions, buying tips, question and answer sessions, and the famous field walk where experts dissect actual cars for sale and give market interpretations of their value. It’s an excellent education for new and experienced car collectors. HPN members save $75! For more information, contact David Slama, toll-free at 877-219-2605, ext. 206, or email email@example.com.
- Be prepared. Comfy walking shoes, a light jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are all recommended. Mornings and evenings can be cool, but most days are 70 degrees and sunny.
- Area Restaurants. Barrett-Jackson and “AAA Arizona” will be providing onsite concierge service throughout the auction week beginning, Monday, January 19, 2004. This service includes arranging dinner reservations, shopping tours, and other services to enhance your stay in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. The Concierge Desk will be located in the Barrett-Jackson main auction office at Westworld.