1900 Eckhart Spring Buggy
The Eckhart Carriage Company had its humble beginnings in the parlor at the family home on East Seventh Street in Auburn. The first buggy that led to success for the family was built by Frank Eckhart in the parlor that was converted to a shop. The business soon outgrew the parlor and one-by-one additions to the house’s five acre lot were added. The Eckhart Carriage Company was incorporated in 1885. Two years later Frank went on the road selling products to wholesalers in midwestern states. The business continued to grow and provided the basis for the formation of the Auburn Automobile Company. Both this buggy and the 1904 Auburn were produced in the same factory depicted in the mural behind the vehicles.
Spring buggy, two-seater, with a 64-inch wheelbase.
Paint and exterior
Red panel details on sides and back
Upholstery and interior