1910 Zimmerman Model X
This very original Zimmerman runabout was first owned by John Zimmerman, who became company president and later was purchasing agent for the Auburn Automobile Company. It is an experimental car and is the only known Zimmerman that was produced with shaft drive. The second owner of the car was the grandmother of the current owner. Mrs. R. Crofford of Burr Oak, Michigan was a doctor who used the Zimmerman for her house calls. Because it was a used car, she was able to negotiate a $190 discount on the purchase price. The car has been maintained in original condition by the family since it was purchased May 25, 1910.
The wheelbase of this two-passenger highwheeler measures 80 inches. Weighs 1,250 lbs.
Paint and exterior
Upholstery and interior
Horizontally opposed, air-cooled.