1936 Auburn 852
In its final years of operation, the Auburn Automobile Company’s exports to foreign countries approached 20 percent of total production. Under the direction of the world-travelling Robert Wiley, the Export Department expanded the Auburn’s art-deco style to the four corners of the earth. This 852 Phaeton’s first owner lived in Nicosia, Cyprus, and had purchased the car in hopes of using the vehicle for a road tour from Italy to the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin, Germany. It was used during World War II by the British Army, who soon found its supercharged engine to be fuel-thirsty and placed it in storage. Brought back to the United States by classic-car-loving U. S. servicemen, it finally found a home at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum.
The wheelbase is 127 inches. Weighs 3,880 lbs.
Upholstery and interior