2012 Audi R8
Selling my rare, beautiful gated manual R8 GT Spyder. 1 of 333 GT Spyders in the world, 1 of 75 Spyders in the US. 1 of 4 in Daytona Grey Pearl. Additionally, 1 of 511 Gen 1 R8 V10 Spyders in the US (199 Rtronic, 312 6MT).
What's a GT you might ask? Significant weight savings, matte carbon aerodynamics, a unique rear bumper, more horsepower (525 to 560), adjustable coilovers, chassis bracing and stiffening, and alcantara interior pieces. The GT was only offered with the Rtronic automatic transmission, but this car has been converted with OEM parts by Third Pedal LLC to a gated manual transmission (and is completely reversable if you wish). Original MSRP of $217,950.
This is the perfect analog drivers car.
- You get the sound of the glorious V10 engine enhanced with the Capristo exhaust
- Open top to enjoy nature and hear the car even better
- An excellent handling and ride from the GT specific stiffening and coilovers (seriously rides so smooth)
- The perfect shifting experience from the gated manual.
OEM Options (MSRP $217,950):
- Audi Exclusive Daytona Grey ($2500)
- Bang and Olufsen Sound System ($1800)
- Third Pedal LLC Gated Manual Conversion
- Euro leather manual shift knob
- Strasse SV10M Wheels (Satin black faces w/ gloss black lips) w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
- Capristo Xpipe Valved Exhaust
- ACARNAVI Gen 2 Android Headunit w/ carbon fiber surround
- VF Engineering Tune
This car is in excellent condition. I would say the interior is 9/10 and exterior is 8.5/10 (I'm nit picky, this car is in overall excellent condition). Mechanically, the car has never given me any trouble and I have the full maintenance history. It just had the fluids changed and within the last couple of years has already had the expensive services for the ac compressor and convertible top pump/system. The tires are nearly new (less than 2,000 miles).
Paint and exterior
8.5/10. Handful of small rock chips on the front end, and some paint wear behind the rear wheels because of the sticky tires. The rear bumper surround is wrapped in matte carbon fiber, underneath is the same titanium color as the front grills. The rear wing and diffuser are genuine matte carbon fiber like all the GT's come with. There is some minor scrapping underneath the front splitter due to it being a low car, and is not visible unless looking underneath the car.
Upholstery and interior
9/10. There is a scuff on the radio surround and the alcantara on the steering wheel is pilling a bit. Normal wear on the driver side leather bolsters but hardly noticeable.
Wheels and tires
Strasse SV10M Wheels (Satin black faces w/ gloss black lips) w/ Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (less than 2000 miles on tires)
Plenty of pad life on all 4 brakes.
Third Pedal LLC Gated Manual Conversion using all OEM components and fully reversible.