1912 Auburn 40
This Auburn Model 40 Town Car is believed to have been introduced at the 1912 Boston Auto Show as a 1913 production model. It was Auburn’s first closed car. Termed the “Car of Tomorrow,” it has many features that soon became standard on Auburn automobiles, such as electric headlamps. It has staggered doors, with the right door toward the rear and the left at the front. It has a beautiful and elaborate original interior. The bodybuilder is unknown. The car was sold new at the Boston Auto Show to a gentleman from Toronto, Canada.
The wheelbase is 122 inches. Weighs 3,450 lbs.
Upholstery and interior
The driver's seat is pleated black leather.
Water-cooled, individually cast cylinders