1908 Auburn Model G

1 of 4
EngineTwo-cylinder, 216 cubic-inches, 24 HP
Body StyleTouring
Exterior ColorGreen
Interior ColorBlack pleated leather

In the fall of 1907 the Vehslage family of Seymour, Indiana, purchased three new Auburns in an attempt to become Auburn dealers and receive a discount from the factory. They sold two Auburns and retained one for themselves, thus ending their careers as Auburn dealers. They purchased a model G touring car, one of 356 cars built by Auburn for the 1908 model run. The family maintained the Auburn in running condition until 1971 when a tornado collapsed the barn in which the Auburn was stored, and the upper floor fell on the car. The remains were dug out of the barn and stored until 1984 when the vehicle was donated to the Museum. The restoration process lasted from 1997-2002 and brought the car back to life. Dr. David and Eva Farst donated a 1908 Auburn body to the cause, which allowed the car to have an original body. The restoration shop of Eric and Vivien Lavine reworked the sheet metal. The restoration shop of Ernie Schwarts performed a renovation of the body, upholstery, and paint.

Engine

Original Engine: Yes

Opposed, water cooled

Wheels and tires

Wood wheels, pneumatic tires

Brakes

Rear mechanical brakes

Transmission

Planetary gear

Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum's Garage

Hagerty
Valuation Tools

How much is this car worth?

See current values, model info and recent sales for this make and model. Drivers Club members get unlimited pricing history and data.