Traverse City, Mich. (Thursday, January 08, 2009) – In January, hundreds of thousands of car enthusiasts will make an annual pilgrimage to Arizona to attend several of the world’s most well known collector events such as the Barrett-Jackson and RM Auctions. With the economy in turmoil, enthusiasts may be asking themselves which collector car is the best value for their pocketbook. Hagerty Insurance, the nation’s leading insurance agency for collector cars, has compiled a list of the “Best Collector Cars for Every Bank Account” as a guide for the first-time collector or car enthusiast.
“Even in today’s confusing economic environment, collecting and enjoying cars continues to be a great American hobby,” said McKeel Hagerty, CEO of Hagerty Insurance. “Therefore we decided to compile a list of 15 models as examples of collector cars that we expect will hold or increase in value over the years. The cars on our list are examples of a value-buy for any collector, whether you have $25,000 or $100,000 to spend.”
In addition to their expected hold or increase in value, the vehicles were selected utilizing the following criteria that contribute to their overall value in the industry:
· Accessibility: Each car on this list is readily available for the collector to purchase.
· Ease of Ownership: Parts and information are plentiful for each vehicle.
· Great drivability: Each car on this list is capable of safe and enjoyable operation on modern roads.
· Strong support networks of clubs and organizations within the hobby specific to each model.
These factors all contribute to the 15 cars on the list being great examples of valuable collector cars, no matter how much you spend.
Hagerty’s selection of the “Best Collector Cars for Every Bank Account” is as follows:
$25,000 – 50,000
· 1972 Mercedes Benz 350SL Roadster
· 1965-66 Ford Mustang Fastback or GT fastback
· 1969 Buick Riviera GS Hardtop
· 1970-73 Datsun 240Z
· 1958 Chevrolet Bel Air Hardtop Coupe
$50,000 – 75,000
· 1954 Dodge Royal Convertible or Pace Car Convertible
· 1971-74 Jaguar E-Type Series III Convertible
· 1960 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
· 1970 Dodge Charger 440-390 SuperBee Hardtop Coupe
· 1968 Mercedes Benz 280SL Roadster
$75,000 – 100,000
· 1965 Plymouth Satellite 426-425 Convertible
· 1969-70 Maserati Mistral Coupe
· 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
· 1956-57 Lincoln Continental Mark II
· 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator BOSS 429 Hardtop Coupe
Hagerty Insurance Agency, Inc. is the leading insurance agency for collector vehicles in the world and host to the largest network of collector car owners. Hagerty Insurance Agency offers insurance for collector cars, motorcycles and motorcycle safety equipment, tractors, automotive tools and spare parts, and even “automobilia” (any historic or collectible item linked with motor vehicles). Hagerty Insurance Agency also offers overseas shipping/touring insurance coverage, commercial coverage and club liability coverage. For more information, call (800) 922-4050 or visit www.hagerty.com.