Bonhams has conducted an all-Aston Martin sale at Newport Pagnell since 1999, but none has achieved higher results than the one conducted over the weekend of May 18, 2013. In all, the auction earned $15.4M off of the sale of all 47 cars offered, and prices were generally strong across the board.
Bonhams set a new record for high price of an Aston Martin sold at public auction with the fantastic Bertone-bodied 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT “Jet” coupe. This one-of-a-kind car had not been available since 1986, and it sold for $5.0M, including buyer’s premium. Other notable buys include a 1958 DB Mk III Saloon that sold for a strong $326,466, a remarkably original 1964 DB5 Saloon that traded for $488,557, and a handsome 1956 Lagonda 3-Litre Saloon that sold very well at $97,833.
- 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT “Jet” Coupe sold for $5,000,000
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Convertible sold for $776,938
- 1968 Aston Martin DB6 Mk I Volante sold for $701,834
- 1965 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for $701,834
- 2000 Aston Martin Vantage Volante Special Edition SWB sold for $616,523
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for $488,557
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for $480,026
- 1969 Aston Martin DB6 Vantage Volante sold for $471,495
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for $462,964
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for $394,715
Next on the event calendar for Bonhams is its May 25, 2013, Spa Classic sale in Francorchamps, Belgium. More than 55 cars have been consigned, including a 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB, a 1942 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500, and a 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 3.0 coupe.