5 April 2017

Barn Find Hunter - Southern Arizona

Tom Cotter’s drive through Arizona yields several rare cars and trucks—and upholstery. In a yard near Lake Havasu, Cotter discovers a 1950 Ford Marmon-Herrington 4WD truck and hundreds of yards of cloth for automotive interiors, in the back of a weathered delivery van. Later, he uncovers an extremely clean ’63 Lincoln Continental convertible living under a tarp, and close to a Super Marauder-powered 1964 Mercury Colony Park wagon. There are also old Hondas, a Corvair Corsa, and a Lotus Formula Ford featured. And Cotter finishes the episode with tips on how he finds relics when he’s traveling.

David Barger Arizona April 5, 2017 at 15:45
    Tom, Thanks for the wonderful piece on Arizona cars. We photograph homes for a living and are always driving around. We see cars like this every single day. I should create a database of all the cars, so I can remember where we saw them. Here is a link to some fun car photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/43024179@N02/albums/72157672596686836 Have a great day. Dave.
    TOm c KALIL SR Indiana April 5, 2017 at 17:15
    NICE SITE
    Rich Lake Havasu April 5, 2017 at 18:18
    Great show, Tom. That tow truck guy is in my car club here in Havasu. Tell Hagerty to get more of these videos on Youtube
    everett boykin Raleigh, NC April 5, 2017 at 18:22
    I love Tom Cotter. "Barn Find Hunter" should be a tv show. Tom helps cure the itch all of us old car lovers have, but for one reason or the other, can't cure ourselves. Thanks Tom. Thanks Hagerty.
    Glenn Reno April 5, 2017 at 19:26
    Interesting
    Richard Bender Barrie Ont. Canada April 5, 2017 at 20:53
    Just found the ultimate barn find. 1964 Grand Prix 421 number matching..are you ready.. Factory RIGHT HAND DRIVE. Was built in Pontiac's Linden NJ plant and shipped to customer in Australia. Aussie yearly safety window decals. Stored in Quanset hut for 18 years. Runs great.
    Buddy Dallas Tx April 5, 2017 at 21:00
    When I was 16, my girlfrfiend was driving one of these. The gas guage didn't work, so she put in one gallon every day weather it needed it or not. After the second time I had to push it to a service station, I told her if it happened again, I was gonna get out and walk to where ever we were going. Never ran out again..........
    William Gutierrez San Antonio Tx April 5, 2017 at 22:33
    Great site
    Paul Kinney California April 6, 2017 at 14:48
    Love your show. The woodie you drive has me confused. Is it a '40 Standard or a '39 deluxe? Front end is one or the other, but wiper position show it to be a '40 but the Floor shifter indicates "39. I prefer the '39 Deluxe front end or the '40 Standard over the '40 Deluxe.
    Rodney Saylor Maryland April 6, 2017 at 11:07
    nice found, I am looking for door sill for the left side of a 52 olds -88 sd.
    Mitch Hackett New York April 7, 2017 at 15:06
    Wow. That Colony Park wagon was the same car I totaled on my 17th birthday! I t also had the 390 engine. Wrapped it around a tree unfortunately. I hit the rear view mirror and had over 150 stitches in my face. I'm none the worse for wear now. In the hospital the cops asked how fast I was going. Of course, I told them 30 MPH. They told me there were 180 feet of skid marks before the impact. I told them there was a lot of sand on the road! Still a gear-head now, autocrossing a Porsche on weekends. Great show! Thanks.
    Butch O'Connell Lake Havasu City, Az. April 7, 2017 at 11:00
    Hi Tom, and all. thanks for the nice write up on my vehicles and Fabrics. Enjoyed your visit and love your Woody, nice ride to the yard. Keep up the good work, best of luck and safe ventures to you and the Crew.. Butch O'Connell
    Craig McCulloch NJ April 8, 2017 at 07:22
    Love your videos. Your closing comment about getting local was very apropos. Take a long week-end and browse. But make sure to chat up the waitress and/or owner of the local diner/restaurant, don't eat at a fast food joint. I'm sure you'll find all kinds of stray "kittens/puppies" you'll want to take home..:)