8 March 2017

The Wrenchmen: David and Jocelyn's 1970 MGB

Three days, two Wrenchmen, one garaged MGB and a bunch of problems. Wrenchmen Davin and Matt roll through South Carolina to help David and Jocelyn get their 1970 MGB back on the road after being parked for far too long. The MGB’s carbs are full of fouled gasoline, and the bearings and brakes are shot too. Additionally, the electrical system might need work (or is it just the timing?) and the shocks are leaking. Will the Wrenchmen get David and Jocelyn’s MGB ripping from car show to car show, again?

Chuck S. South Jersey March 8, 2017 at 13:10
    I like these type of shows where people/ mechanics come over and give a hand with issues that some of use just can't figure out what the heck is going on. If you guys are ever is South Jersey and want to try and help with a fuel starving issue on a 1972 Plymouth Duster 340 come on over. My car has a new tank, new 3/8 sending unit,new 3/8 steel fuel lines front to back, Holley HP mechanical fuel pump, 1/4 return line back to the tank and I still get fuel starving issues or vapor lock in the lines after the car runs for about 30 minutes. After 5 years chasing my tail I think it's time to ask for HELP!
    Scott Prausa Cumming GA March 8, 2017 at 13:35
    How do I get these guys to help me with my 1966 Dodge Coronet?
    Kenneth Ewertz Kansas March 8, 2017 at 13:40
    Great video. I like you can actually hear the work going on and not a jamin screaming guitar and drums. I like the dialog, and seeing work being done. Well done.
    Jim Crabtree CA March 8, 2017 at 14:40
    The wrenchmen are great, but should not they spend a little more time teaching the owners how to fix their own cars? What you learn about how to fix your car in the garage makes the difference between an adventure or a miserable day when you are stopped on the side of the road. The pleasure derived from collector cars comes from intimately knowing the car. Having someone else fix, it puts a barrier between you and that experience. I know repairs and filmed segments are all about 'time' but I suggest spending a little of it showing the owners getting their own hands greasy. Compare the experience to Habitat for Humanity where the owners MUST help build their own house.
    Pedro P Colorado Springs CO March 8, 2017 at 14:47
    OK already! I suppose I need to go wash my 1970 MGB and take it to the MGCC meeting tonight.
    steve hamilton canada March 8, 2017 at 15:05
    i have a1969 rs z28 Camaro that need a work 9053854491
    John Aspel Georgetown Sc March 8, 2017 at 16:36
    I have a 1970 MGB and it has a split bumper. I thought all 1970 did
    Gerald Slotkin New Jersey March 8, 2017 at 20:01
    Hey Guys I have a 77 Datsun Z that won't start. Am getting spark and have a new battery but still won't turn over. It ran fine until this past January when we had 2 really cold days, 20's during the day and teens at night. When I went to start it up after those cold days, it wouldn't start. Please help
    Walter Reynolds Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada March 8, 2017 at 21:54
    Davin and Matt can come and work on my 1963 Rover P5 3 Litre any time!
    Jerry A Uptmor Tx. March 8, 2017 at 22:45
    Old man loving cars. Thanks.
    Jack Orlando, FL March 8, 2017 at 12:58
    These two are NOT the guys you want tinkering with your MG. Just watching them trying to unbolt the rotor made me shudder.
    gentle gene cav fredericton nb canada March 9, 2017 at 01:13
    lu it thanks guys
    Felton Moore Fayetteville, NC March 9, 2017 at 13:17
    How can I find more about Wrenchmen, how they select their projects for assistance and how to contact them.
    Larry Shults Oklahoma March 9, 2017 at 16:37
    I had a 1972 MGB. Lots of troubles and lots of fun. Loved every minute that I didn't hate it. Totally rebuilt the engine with some help from my Dad. Kinda wish I still had it. Got a 78 280Z and an 04 T-Bird that fills my heart, now. Love your snipets.
    bill geddes N.B. Canada March 9, 2017 at 19:19
    Interesting video.Great except for the usual Hagerty loud guitar rips.Maybe look for another sound man.
    Warren J Barber Texas March 10, 2017 at 09:57
    To Chuck S. Very overlooked issue is a vented gas cap. Older cars needed vented caps or vacuum will cause fuel starvation or a crushed gas tank.
    John burrows Ohio March 10, 2017 at 10:59
    Some body should let these two people know that you cannot take the twin su carbs off the mgb one at a time , they have to come off as a pair,and go back on as a pair.The linkage prevents them coming off one at a time.I know this couple and accompained them to many shows in my 67 mgb. Good friends.
    Glenn Williams Tennessee March 11, 2017 at 09:39
    If that's a '70 MGB, someone has replaced the original grill and rear bumper with a '69 or earlier. Also, the British Leyland badge is not on front fender (wing). And the steering wheel is not '70. Dash is not '70. '70 has 3 winshield wipers. '70 fresh air vent is hidden and doesn't have external door. ????
    Tip Sivilay Minnesota March 12, 2017 at 13:50
    Great show love the wrench guys both did awesome jobs... I enjoying the show.
    Glenn Williams Tennessee March 12, 2017 at 14:08
    I also have a '70, and as John Aspel stated, I thought all '70s had a split rear bumper. Also, the grille is a '69 or earlier. My '70 has British Leyland badges on the front fenders (wings). The '70 in the video does not have a '70 dash either. My '70 also have 3 windshield wipers. ???
    Tip Mn March 12, 2017 at 14:14
    Hi all, great show. love to have these guys helping out on my old 34 Studebaker Dictator. it run but needed some TLC on engine and suspension systems.
    Don Holman Sun City West, Az. March 12, 2017 at 11:53
    I have a 1975 BMW that could use some of the Wrench men' Attention. Thanks
    Pierre Manila Philippines March 13, 2017 at 02:15
    This is a really poorly edited video. It begins with talk about brakes ignition and fuel system. Brakes never mentioned again. Suspension and wheel bearings-never mentioned, but it's half the show. What was wrong with the ignition BTW that you cleaned up? Finally-the car sounds like hell-fix the exhaust as the payoff shots at the end are terrible, it sounds like a truck. Nice concept but geeze...editing!
    Mike Klutka Carlisle Kentuckey March 13, 2017 at 10:16
    These are great cars I've had more than a few including a 1970. This one is not a 70. The rear bumper, seats, dash and front grill are all wrong for it to be a 70. Most of all starting in 68 MGB's had 3 wiper arms. Still a very nice car. I have always regretted letting my 68 go.
    Jeffrey Roberts IN March 17, 2017 at 19:21
    I have a 1994 red Ford lightning truck with tube bumper, 92,000 original miles in very good condition, has some surface rust. Everything original except for radio and tires. What is the value?
    Gary Lawrence Oregon March 19, 2017 at 11:38
    You Have a fun show and great to see how you repair and fix the cars! Here is a serious project for you 1969 TR6 Triumph the 125th built. The car has not been started in over 15 years, while redoing the brakes, I saw the front end bushing looked old and tired(original and strated to tear apart the front end to replace them but got stalled by life and working alone it has been three more years and still torn down,, It would be great to have someone with knowledge such as yours to help put her back together so the beauty of the car could again adorn the road!
    Phil Port orange fl May 10, 2017 at 19:49
    MG always has a bunch of problems I have a 78 . The wrench men can just keep traveling south to Florida and help me with mine.