25 January 2017

The Craftsmen Series: The Engine Builder | Ed Pink

Frank Honsowetz is Ed Pink Racing Engines’ General Manager. Although EPRE is better known for building monster drag racing engines, today they engineer and build all the engines for Singer Vehicle Design. And although Honsowetz will “plainly admit I am not a Porsche guy” even he loves the Porsche 911 restored and reimagined by Singer. Take a tour of the shop and see if you’re converted like he was…

P. Santos Toronto, ON, Canada January 25, 2017 at 16:13
    That shop is so clean, not to mention the engines. A beautiful sight, not to mention is speaks volumes about the people there.
    Christen Johansen New York, NY January 25, 2017 at 19:01
    I totally enjoy your posts and the variety of automotive endeavors people are involved with is inspiring. I have a 1972 SAAB 96 that I did a ground up restoration on and converted it from the original V4 to 96 volt electric in 1993-94. I'm upgrading to Lithium iron phosphate batteries now for lighter weight and more power/range and to get back some of the nimbleness these cars were known for. Thanks!
    Mike May Greenwood,Indiana January 26, 2017 at 09:51
    What a history filled location. Being 70 years old and growing up in the muscle car era. Not to mention being so close to Inpls. Raceway Park as it was known for many years before Lucas Oil came to town.Having the privilege of working for IRP for 20+ years,its humbling to see where so many of the drag racing engines came from.I guess if anyone is reading this we all share a lot of the same past and interests,proving that no matter how hard you try, you just can't escape your past.
    ludwi heimrath canada January 26, 2017 at 10:49
    funn
    David Liles Duluth, Ga January 26, 2017 at 11:44
    Inspiring Video, Makes me want a Porsche with an Ed Pink engine.or anything with one.
    Glen Donaldson Ontario January 30, 2017 at 12:39
    Is that the same Ludwig Heimarth who ran the Porsche shop in Scarborough and raced Porsche s at Mosport? I loved riding my bike past the shop and admiring the cars - and my Dad would take us to see the racing at Mosport in the late 1970's
    randy clarke Merrickville on. February 5, 2017 at 17:26
    I went to hi school with Ludi ...Woburn Collegiate in Scarborough...yes to the Porsche shop