11 January 2017

The joys of toys: Hagerty’s time lapse and drone reel

Our film team likes to experiment. And our Redline Rebuilds are the direct result of Jordan Lewis, Justin Warnes and Ben Woodworth’s testing and tinkering. Along those lines, they’ve decided to play with automotive time lapses built from a variety of their shoots and highlighting many different cars. It’s about three minutes of mellow time travel, and we want to know if you’d enjoy more like it. Let us know…

Glenn Arlt Traverse City January 11, 2017 at 15:45
    Loved it!
    Hank Kalinoski CT January 11, 2017 at 15:59
    Just watched your latest drone reel. I loved it brings you back in time.
    Carlo Borsi Colorado January 11, 2017 at 16:00
    Enjoyed the video, as the Barn Find series points out, lots of cars out there needing good homes.
    Doug Phillips Concord, NC January 11, 2017 at 16:11
    I loved it! Hope you do more.
    Don Ludewig WI January 11, 2017 at 16:29
    Cool! Great use of unused (or previously used) "footage"... "Please sir, may I have another?"
    Ron MN January 11, 2017 at 17:12
    It would be nice if these films told us what part of the country they were taken in.
    Dennis Gloucester, MA January 11, 2017 at 17:21
    Beautifully done! Love the upbeat tempo with the peaceful settings.
    LMK NYC January 11, 2017 at 17:34
    I enjoyed that a lot......I'd like more ....
    mike il January 11, 2017 at 17:38
    that was awesome too bad it doesn't just keep playing
    Walter Maple Ridge, BC Canada January 11, 2017 at 17:42
    This is a great video. Good quality drones are expensive, but your video makes me want to save up - but the old car may have to go with out something1 Decisions, decisions!
    Denny Roseburg OR January 11, 2017 at 17:47
    Yeah, I liked the scenes - especially the lighthouse and the moon going over the statue. The music really fit, too.
    Steve Dancer Ontario January 11, 2017 at 18:08
    Like it a lot. I'm very impressed with your obvious interest and knowledge about the vintage mechanical world. Keep 'em comin' !!
    Bill Muros Dallas TX January 11, 2017 at 18:17
    Liked the video, especially the scenes of my home town Dallss
    Diana Jones Elko, NV January 11, 2017 at 18:22
    Not very impressive. I've seen dead cars and old buildings with clouds and wind going by before. Would rather see one of the dead cars in stages of rebuild until complete.
    Wayne san leandro,ca January 11, 2017 at 18:32
    fantastic journey, loved every minute!!!!!!
    Martin Wade CO January 11, 2017 at 18:35
    Looking for old cars that have been abandoned or are just survivors is really great. I don't have the ability to turn wrenches any more as in a previous life or space to put a project, but I enjoy watching the time lapse rebuilds and the Barn Hunter series.
    Joey Luscinski Tennessee January 11, 2017 at 18:52
    Dig it. Nice work from a crew that know what their doing. Question: Are the pans in the time lapse sequences done in post? Gotta be, right?
    Jim T Longmont, Colorado January 11, 2017 at 19:09
    Well done! More? Yes, please!
    Anthony Hillman New Jersey January 11, 2017 at 19:59
    Great stuff! Keep 'em coming!
    James Rush South Barry Co. Mich. January 11, 2017 at 21:12
    What a great video to watch on a cold January evening in southern Michigan. It really lifted my spirts, Can't wait for warmer days and sunshine. want to get my Chevelle out and cruise places like this. thank you.
    Rob Neatherlin Dallas, Tx January 11, 2017 at 23:01
    This is awesome. Beautiful work!
    John New Mexico January 11, 2017 at 23:06
    Very cool! Love to see more like it.
    Bill Maloney Wilmette, IL January 12, 2017 at 01:25
    Thanks, very enjoyable. Cool effects. What drag strip is that?
    Matt Krzysiak Arlington, TX January 12, 2017 at 17:30
    Fantastic!
    John townsend Montreal January 12, 2017 at 18:37
    Very impressed, loved seeing dead cars and old buildings with clouds and wind going by. Does anybody know which band/musician did the soundtrack?
    Herb H Maryland, USA January 12, 2017 at 06:41
    LOVED IT!!! Keep them coming. Tom"s Barn Finder videos are keepers as well!
    Pete Schultz Spotswood nj January 12, 2017 at 09:34
    Liked the time lapse video of abandoned and classic vehicles, would like to see more. Thanks!
    Art River Edge, NJ January 12, 2017 at 09:55
    I enjoyed the clip. Do more!
    Sam Traverse City January 12, 2017 at 10:33
    Well done!
    Brian Shultz MA January 12, 2017 at 10:43
    Keep 'em coming ! More "salvage yard" shots please. No '57 Chevy should be without a loving home !
    Ron Minnesota January 12, 2017 at 11:52
    Just great! Would love to see and hear more.
    Jim fraulo Woodmont,ct. January 12, 2017 at 12:23
    Loved it lead car was my Dads 1st when he came home from World War II believe was a 46 Plymouth Enjoyed all old buildings, as I watch many cities demolish them for more Malls,we do not need,new generation upon us.God Bless America
    Ted Kelly Bucks Co. Pa. January 13, 2017 at 16:10
    Very enjoyable. Those cars are still out there, just have to look for em'
    Richard L. Smith Il January 13, 2017 at 09:18
    Great to see all the cars would like to see more, thanks
    robert zeoli cookeville,tn January 13, 2017 at 09:34
    ever in my part of town do a drone of my 1958 thunderbird. what a wonderful insurance co. site,made me proud of all those who keep" vintage" really a fun hobby.
    Tom A San Antonio, Tx January 13, 2017 at 10:23
    Great video! Keep 'em coming...music, too. Would like to see many more. I have both a Chrysler 300 and MG. Like to see more of the barn find hunter and see what all he discovers. Lots of places here in south Texas where abandoned or hidden cars can be found, particularly in the hill country.
    PAUL SMITH NEW JERSEY January 13, 2017 at 10:42
    Perfect video, nice variety and exceptional workmanship as we have come to expect from Hagerty. Well done. Thanks
    Dick T Countryside, IL January 13, 2017 at 10:46
    You captured the essence of discovery and collecting. Way to go!
    Steve S. Iona Station, Ontario, Canada January 14, 2017 at 16:20
    Very nice, great music, love the Barn find series and the winter scenes in the video. Looking forward to 'cruising season' again !!
    Dana Andrews Ipswich Ma. January 14, 2017 at 08:38
    Love it ! Looks like me 45 years ago. Good job. We need to bring back the young guys into this joy !
    Gary Portland, Oregon. January 15, 2017 at 01:04
    Neat stuff. If I am out and about and find an old abandoned car, I snap a picture of it, frame it and hang it in my shop. I found a few while visiting New Mexico recently.
    christopher lemm genoa city wisconsin January 15, 2017 at 06:12
    these are wonderful videos, my wife and I used to go on junkyard vacations all over the country, one of the saddest trips we made was to windy hill in Willmar MN, that was back when scrap steel prices were through the roof, we pulled in only to find out they were scrapping all the vintage stuff, we walked through the yard of some twenty thousand plus cars and trucks and found a 1934 Chevrolet 2 door town sedan, we went back to the office and purchased it, I don't know how many other cars were saved.
    Dennis Vieira Auburn, N.H. January 15, 2017 at 10:12
    Great video! I'll buy the '46 - '48 Plymouth 2 door sedan today!! Of course the black Corvette coupe would be nice as well....
    Bruce C CO January 16, 2017 at 21:59
    Nice. To think every one of those cars was once shiny and new.
    Steve Houston, Texas January 21, 2017 at 17:42
    More please. Especially the remote locales.
    John V Baton Rouge, LA February 4, 2017 at 23:41
    Didn't like the -really- fast forwarded drive through the snow. Couldn't enjoy the scenery! LOVED the scenes of "flying along" the car/truck driving down the road and the salvage yard/abandoned cars/trucks though!!!!
    James S Spring, TX March 8, 2017 at 16:15
    Great video and music. Sent me to a quite reflective place. Thanks.