4 January 2017

Video: Barn Find Hunter - Wickenburg

Cars aren’t just hidden in barns. In the latest episode, Tom Cotter spots a cinder block motorcycle shop from a sun-bleached Arizona highway and decides to investigate. Not only does he find a pair of Mopars resting in the desert, but they’re for sale. Do they compare to the Big-Block Camaros and Impala he discovers later on?

Chester Rummel Corpus Christi, TX January 4, 2017 at 16:41
    That is an awesome Video. What a fortunate man to be able to visit such fantastic places. He gets to do what every gear head wishes he could do. Loved it.
    Curtis Smith Oklahoma January 4, 2017 at 17:53
    What a great find on cars!
    Danny Saucier WA January 4, 2017 at 18:04
    You're learning!!
    Jim Routt Silverdale, WA January 4, 2017 at 18:12
    How does one follow up on some of the cars that are noted for sale. Specifically the Camaros in Wickenberg.
    Lindy Turner Spokane, WA January 4, 2017 at 18:16
    Great show! Thanks for covering the mopars even though you aren't into them. Hope you make it up to the Northwest!
    Bill James Olean,Ny 14760 January 4, 2017 at 18:23
    I saw a few 59 El Caminos in this clip that look pretty good. I had one 20 yrs ago and regret selling it. I also saw a 57 Ranchero that would look good setting next to my 57 Victoria. Love these clips,keep them coming. By the way,I have four classics ins.by you all.
    Francis Pallotti West Hartford, Connecticut January 4, 2017 at 18:26
    All the cars in this video are great. To me anyway. The MOPAR'S and the CAMARO'S. Big blocks are great and the 454 WOW have not seen a factory one since the 1970's. I like "odd' cars. the cars no-one wants/likes. I have a 1947 Plymouth 4 DR. I have had it 4 years and have rebuilt the drivetrain from the radiator to the rear end. Spent more than the car is worth but I don't buy the cars I buy to make money. I but them to enjoy!!! I made my '47 Plymouth Safe and Dependable. I would drive it anywhere, across country. I would like to make it a little more comfortable with A/C and an AM/FM with an 8 TRACK. All the "REALY NICE" cars I have seen in the past 10 years are nice but when I talk to the owners they say "DRIVE IT TO THE SHOW MAYBE BUT USUALLY NO. that's not for me I want to enjoy my car. I have up dated my '47 with 12v neg.ground sys.,1992 Ford rearend that is POSI, with 3.73 gears and10"drum brakes. the original was POSI too. the original 3 speed could not handle the engine after I rebuilt it so I put in a new T5 with heavy duty clutch.I also put reg DISC brakes in the front with a dual master cyl. so it will stop now that the engine is pushing about 125 hp. Original was 92. what I like most about the old cars is EVERYTHING IS REBUILDABLE! Radiator back to the rear end. I have all the original parts that I took off the car.The only other safety thing I did was put safety glass in the windshield.
    Kevin Brantford January 4, 2017 at 18:46
    Saw your video with 2 1968 Camaro big block cars one black and one gun metal blue $10,000.00 each how could I get a hold of him ?
    Ned Scudder La Jolla, CA January 4, 2017 at 18:50
    Poor Tom. He's got to work out in the desert while the rest of us get to enjoy winter.
    Bruce L. Pearson Mesilla Park, NM January 4, 2017 at 20:44
    What a great job Tom has! I'd love to drive around, all over, looking for old cars. Even if the cholla cactus did get him over in Wickenburg. Thanks!
    Darren Edmonton, AB January 4, 2017 at 21:11
    I look so forward to new episodes of this series. Great program.
    Paul T Rock Tavern ny January 4, 2017 at 22:02
    A great show. Do more. Link me.
    Rick B. Escondido CA January 4, 2017 at 22:08
    The prices quoted to "restore" to driveable or "concours" condition assumes (1) the owner will do all the restoration themselves, has the tools, space, and knowledge to do the restorations. Clearly, labor ALONE at any restoration shop would be 3X and more.
    John Tonawanda NY January 4, 2017 at 23:06
    That 56 Desoto has a 330 cubic inch engine. It has a smaller block than the 331 Chrysler Hemis.
    Mike Coffelt Louisiana January 5, 2017 at 17:53
    Excellent video. Beautiful cars and just goes to show you a little effort can bring results. Thanks
    bob lynam --None-- January 5, 2017 at 09:43
    Hi am a canadian hagerty member,(72 ncrs top flight vette) my issue is a/ the dam money exchange b/ all the "finds" are from the United States and there is no HELP...... you have to be a millionare to own one.....
    Paul CA January 5, 2017 at 12:51
    Why is it all about "What's it worth?". It's shows like this and those 'wheeler-dealer' type shows on TV that have caused the first question out of anyone's mouth that comes up to me at a gas station to ask "What's it worth?" First question used to be "What year is it?" or, "Wow, that's a neat car!". Now, all anyone ever asks is "What's it worth?". It's becoming an epidemic. Every chucklehead thinks he can become an old car flipper because he saw it on TV and they see stuff like this where it's all about money. What ever happened to buying or restoring or using an old car just because you liked it?
    Alan jardine Canada January 6, 2017 at 14:58
    Great video. I myself found a 74 jensen healy in a barn
    Jeffrey j sommer Buffalo ny January 6, 2017 at 09:32
    How can I buy those camaros
    Frank DiGirolamo Bergen county, N.J. January 7, 2017 at 15:43
    I purchased my 1993 Corvette in April of last year. the car had some minor issues which, being a mechanic for 45 years, were easily taken care of. my point I agree with Paul from Ca. I bought the car to fix it, and being retired, enjoy it to the fullest. I don't care what the car is worth and even if someone wanted to double my investment, i'd refuse I'm enjoying the ride, and the best part is the wife loves riding shotgun when we go out in it. your video's are very informative especially on the rebuilds. keep up the good work.
    jerry allen LA January 7, 2017 at 00:56
    Nice video, must be nice to be out west where most cars are solid rust free.Would like to see more of these finds. Maybe a solid 59 impala 2 door hardtop.
    Curtis Texas January 8, 2017 at 01:34
    Anyone know how to get ahold of the guy with the Camaros for sale?
    James E Klein Florida January 8, 2017 at 10:45
    Does anybody know what year that 454 Impala is?
    Gary Fresno, CA January 9, 2017 at 14:14
    Put a mic on the guests who are interviewed, as well...
    Curt Richter Albuquerque,NM January 9, 2017 at 15:51
    Sounds like the Camaros are up for bid? Did you buy them? I will be in the area for the annual Scottsdale auctions and would love to trailer one home.
    Keith Wallbank Cambridge Ont., Canada January 11, 2017 at 01:08
    The Impala with the 454 is a 1971
    Rob K Ohio January 12, 2017 at 10:55
    I am responding to Francis Pallotti on his rebuilt 47 Ply. I have the 4 door Special Deluxe. Rebuilt the engine to original condition. My Dad was second owner since 1063. We drove it in HS. I have spent almost more than its worth but will give it to my son some day. I love driving it to shows. It's not going xcountry any time soon though!