23 June 2015

Classic Classified: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Yenko

From: Hemmings Motor News

Date: December 1983

Price then: $15,000 ($35,600 adjusted for inflation - about the price of a new 2015 GMC Canyon SLE today)

Price now: $158,000 - $330,000

Approximate dollar difference: $294,000 (assuming No. 1 condition)

Approximate annual rate of return: 7.2%

Camaro: 1969 Yenko, Green, 21,000 miles, $15,000

Yenko Camaro classified, yenko camaro for sale

What we have here is the Holy Grail for Chevy enthusiasts - one of only a couple hundred COPO Camaros ordered and styled by Yenko Chevrolet for 1969. With a 425-hp, 427-cid big block lurking under the hood and special striping added at the dealership, these cars are among the most sought after Chevy muscle cars...period. This is definitely noted by the sharp rise in value over the decades. It is nearly impossible to touch one of these cars for under $250,000, and rightly so.

bill bagwell smyrna, tn July 1, 2015 at 14:22
    My dad bought one out of the front yard of a guys house back years ago for $2400. He kept it for 3 years and had to sell it to make ends meet for our family. He sure wish he hadn't sold it.
    Jeff southern FL July 1, 2015 at 10:23
    Did Chevy ever make a 427 small block or a 350 big block? I think all you have to do is give the CI and any Chevy enthusiast will know what kind of engine it is
    Craig Goodrich Minnesota July 1, 2015 at 23:39
    I understand that Mr. Vince Emme in Minnesota has owned several of these..
    Keith FL February 2, 2017 at 20:39
    That is almost my story.. I purchased a real Rally Green 69 Yenko Camaro 4 speed from my wife's uncle. I think it was 1982. All my friends thought I was crazy to spend $14,500 on that car then. I owned it for the next 28 years and sold it Thanksgiving 2010. Well needless to say, I did okay. Now I have a triple black 1967 L71 Corvette roadster with side exhaust and a Testarossa. It is nice to be out of debt!
    Kimberly Peretin CA June 26, 2017 at 10:16
    My husband passed away need to sell 1969 z28 camaro project car. Don't know how to go about getting a fair price.... looking for some advise please:)
    Ryan Mitchell Maryland July 2, 2017 at 02:36
    @kimberlyPeretin I'm very interested please email me at ryanmitchell0@icloud.com I hope you see this