14 January 2015

2015 North American International Auto Show

At Hagerty, we live classics. But since every classic car begins its life as a new model, we thought we’d check out the latest automobile offerings at the 2015 North American International Auto Show at Cobo Center in Detroit. Among the highlights: the unveiling of Ford’s GT and Shelby GT350R, Cadillac’s CTS-V and Acura’s first NSX since 2005, and concept cars of all shapes and sizes – even one, the GAC Group’s WITSTAR, with a fish tank in the center console.

Mike United States January 14, 2015 at 17:25
    I haven't been to the show, it's not open to me yet, but from what I've seen so far on the tube it takes me back to the late 60s when "Go Fast" was the soup of the day. Who can't love a 200 mph 600 hp Cadillac?
    Bob Bacchi Makaha, Hawaii January 14, 2015 at 17:44
    One of the most beautiful and realistic looking concepts at the show was the Buick Avenir. By realistic, I mean more likely to go to actual production. I hope that it, or a close version of the concept will be in the future Buick lineup.
    Jim Gastonia, NC January 14, 2015 at 18:04
    If I could afford it the Ford GT would be my choice to own. However, I don't even have to ask the price tag because I KNOW it isn't within my budget. Perhaps I could persuade FMOCO to give me one to use and test drive around town... NOT! Sigh, I'll just have to settle for my sweet customized 1951 Ford Custom
    robert stout dennis massachusetts January 14, 2015 at 18:39
    best looking ford since my 1941 woodie
    Tim Hoffman Fremont, Ohio January 14, 2015 at 19:13
    Now that is one Ford that I would love to own. I've owned four Ford products in my lifetime. A 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1973 Mercury Montego, 1971 Ford window van and a 1989 Tauras Wagon.
    Dave Gareau Hotlanta January 14, 2015 at 19:31
    Maybe we will see a trishield on a ats platform and it will be called a GNX
    Charles Winbush United States January 14, 2015 at 21:09
    send all information about 2015 cars in detail plus price, and sell price for collector cars
    David Columbia sc January 14, 2015 at 21:19
    Love concept cars
    Bret Hampton Valencia, ca January 15, 2015 at 01:24
    A lot of great new cars. Should say it's first new NSX since 2005, not 2001
    Jim york pa January 15, 2015 at 11:23
    Every year manufacturers seem to out-do one another or should I say the engineers and designers. My question is, who is going to fix these machines when they break with the shrinking technician base?
    JACK TURNER Roland Ok. January 15, 2015 at 11:47
    I JUST WONDER WHY THEY ALL SEEM TO BE AFRAID TO SHOW THE DODGE CHARGER HELL CAT , I WONDER IF IT IS THE 707 HORSE POWER THE THEY ARE AFRAID OF SHOWING OR WHAT ?
    Logan Chrysler Kelowna, BC January 15, 2015 at 11:57
    I love the new cars and concepts! I can't WAIT to see the Cadillac ATS-V racer on the track, It'd be good competition for the 200S racer that I'm drivin'...
    kruzzer Ohio January 15, 2015 at 12:07
    I really like the new CTS V. It would look good with my black 2004 CTS V.
    Norm Delmarva January 27, 2015 at 10:51
    Disappointed not seeing a Corvette Z-06 in the picture spread.
    Richard Diefenbach Danville, VT January 13, 2016 at 19:46
    These are great concept cars but how are they going to hold up? I'm 78 and shouldn't be worrying about that but it seems that everything made nowadays falls apart or stops working in a few years.
    Hy Twiford Bellingham, Wash 98225 January 14, 2016 at 12:17
    The Roots style blower in 2015 International Auto Show 0:21/5:05 is rotating in the wrong rotation.