20 August 2014

Photo Gallery: 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise

Michigan's annual Woodward Dream Cruise is known as the world's largest one-day automotive event, drawing 1.5 million people and more than 40,000 classic cars. Hagerty was on hand this year to capture the dizzying array of Fords, Chevys, Mopars, hot rods and much, much more, and we want to share them with you.

Jim Larson Waterford Mi. August 20, 2014 at 17:01
    The Michigan Widetrackers car club's 50 Pontiacs were in the City of Pontiac, right on Woodward Ave. and Huron St. It's way too busy to [try to] drive down south of 15 mile road on WDC weekend. Sorry, we weren't able to come down to see Hagerty. Nice weather, cool cars made this weekend just great!!!
    Mike Favier Lake Orion, mi August 20, 2014 at 18:30
    I saw that 65 Coronet in front of Vinsetta. What a sweet ride!
    Pete Johnson Rochester Hills Mi. August 20, 2014 at 19:45
    Love the cruise, and I haven't missed one. I take the week off from work and go every night with my Caddy...I just wish that the cities of Eastpoint,Roseville,Clinton township, Mt.Clemons and Chesterfield along Gratiot ave. would get it together and have their cruises on the same day, it would be just as big and might be better than Wodward. The east side (blu-collar) area's have more hot-rodders per capita than the west side. The cities all have cruise's and events that worship the classics but on different days. It sure would be GREAT to have two BIG cruise weeks.
    wade knight haymarket, Va. August 20, 2014 at 21:23
    I made the drive, 540 miles one way. left Virginia Thursday, drove to Cleveland. Left Cleveland Friday morning for the last 3 hours of the drive. My wife and I Drove my 1964 Impala up and back 1250 miles total on our 3 day trip. Ever since I got my Impala I have wanted to make the trip. The car did great.
    Terrence Flynn Woodward Cruise Motor City Marauders August 20, 2014 at 22:38
    How about some 2003 Marauder coverage and pics. The Motor City Marauders had a club spot north of 15 mile. Awesome cars, many insured with Hagerty
    charles nighbor Bay area CA August 20, 2014 at 22:44
    Last time I cruised Woodward Avenue was in 1953 in a Lincoln 2dr coupe We went of course to the Big boy drive in! Last year for me in Cass Technical HS Charles the architect
    Mark Tempe,AZ August 20, 2014 at 23:16
    Great selection of American muscle. Thanks for sharing.
    Wade Knight Haymarket, Va. August 21, 2014 at 17:19
    I have always liked classic cars. In 1988, when I was 21, all my friends bought new cars, I bought a 1965 corvette convertible. In 2001 My wife and I bought a house so I sold the Corvette for a down payment. Finally in 2009 I bought my 1964 Impala. My parents are from Detroit and I still have cousins up there. I have read about Woodward and have heard a lot about it. So finally, this year, My wife and I made the 550 mile drive to Woodward in my Impala. We met up with my cousin and her husband, who also has a 64 Impala, and Cruised Woodward. I have always wanted to do it. I put 1250 miles on my car in 3 days. It was a trip that I will never forget.
    Terry Bowman United States August 21, 2014 at 09:07
    Wow, on my bucket list for next year.
    Shilo Florida August 22, 2014 at 14:22
    Love the Dream Cruise!! When we attended a couple of years ago, I was amazed at the excellent quality of the cars. Over the top restorations were the norm there. Detroit people know their iron and wow they have some beautiful cars. Also anything goes and there is no telling what you will see going down the road. Awesome good time. Cannot wait to go back.
    John Wright The Villages, FL August 22, 2014 at 09:59
    One main reason I miss the Detroit area. Took part in the 2003 Cruise with a modified '74 Caddy Sedan de Ville 4-door hard-top. My wife got a kick out of the many spectators that remarked about the dummy I had sitting in the back seat in a blue stripe suite and champagne bottle and glasses.