25 September 2013

We Made the List: Hagerty is named as a 2013 Great Place to Work®

“...  I've had occasion to talk with several Hagerty employees over the last 3 years for renewals and/or changes, and each time I do, I have found them to be so pleasant and accommodating that the contact always results in a feeling of comfort and confidence. The employees have been polite and professional, but I also got the feeling that I was talking to a friend. Thank you so much for the service you provide, which allows me to enjoy my classic cars.”
                     — Mike, Texas (Taken from the “Client Reviews” section of the Hagerty website.)

We’re very pleased to tell you that we recently were named by Great Place to Work® as one of the best small and medium workplaces in the United States on their annual 2013 Best Small & Medium Workplaces list, published in FORTUNE magazine. Ranked 13th, this is the first time we’ve received this honor, which recognizes companies with exceptional workplace cultures for the past 10 years.

Competing against hundreds of companies across the country, Hagerty participated in a rigorous selection process, which included an employee survey and an in-depth questionnaire about benefits programs and company practices. Great Place to Work® evaluates each application using its unique methodology based on five dimensions: credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie.

In compiling the list, Great Place to Work has found that employees believe they work for great organizations when they consistently trust the people they work for, have pride in what they do and enjoy the people they work with.

“Hagerty is honored to be selected as one of the best small and medium workplaces for 2013,” said our CEO, McKeel Hagerty. “For us the honor is magnified by the knowledge that our employees, who are responsible for our success, have a high level of trust in Hagerty and a sincere love for their work.”

2013 represents the first time that Hagerty applied for the recognition and its first award as a Great Place to Work. A sampling of the reasons cited as to why Hagerty was selected for the Top 50 listing includes:

• The company’s commitment to professional and personal development of its workforce through education at its own Hagerty University and wellness programming at the corporate gym, Ironworks.
  • Connections with clients within the classic vehicle industry through activities such as Classic of the Month and the communities in which they live and work, via Hagerty Cares, the company’s volunteer program.
  • The opportunities provided to learn first-hand about the classic car industry including the annual Employee Restoration Project that provides hands-on experience to all employees on the art of restoring classic cars.
  • Overdrive, the company’s online rewards and recognition system

Check out the above employee-created video to see why we’re a Great Place to Work.

Charles Blackman Lansing MI September 25, 2013 at 18:47
    Congratulations! I'm very pleased that you've received this well-deserved recognition, My contacts with Hagerty have always been the best. It was good to learn more about what you've done to create a VERY positive work environment.
    Oscar Zambrano Houston September 25, 2013 at 19:41
    Move to Texas, there's no state income taxes!! If you did that, I would love to work for Hagerty. I'm a licensed insurance adjuster and work in the special investigations unit of a major carrier.
    Jean Riley Evergreen, CO September 25, 2013 at 21:28
    Very Cool
    Greg Silkenson Elgin, TX September 25, 2013 at 23:49
    When I told my family and friends we were going from Texas to Michigan this summer and I wanted to go and visit my car insurance Co. in Traverse City, they all gave me a look like I was crazy. I have always felt that I was welcome to come for a look around, as see what cars were on display. I was excited to actually visit Hagerty's office. Thanks!
    Ron Brake Clemmons, NC September 26, 2013 at 13:08
    Love the video!! I'm only 62yo, so I want to work with you when I grow up + I can restore my '72 Cutlass.
    Ed Neighbour Sparta nj September 26, 2013 at 13:30
    Excellent company exhibiting professional service to participants in their program .I've been a customer for more than 10 years. I'm retired from the insurance industry after 37 years and recently had a claim which was handled expertly by Alicia Hagar. My last job was as a regional VP for a major carrier and I can recognize competence and professionalism in our industry.Hagerty has it.
    Tom Rogers Kill Devil Hills, NC September 26, 2013 at 08:58
    As a Classic insurance policy holder for my two vehicles your company service and suggestions for my insurance questions are very professional and caring that policy holders like myself purchase the right coverage, etc. I really love your company and I enjoy the entertaining and informative web-can videos that are produced by your company.
    Richard Wilkinson Essex, Maryland September 26, 2013 at 09:59
    do you have employees in the Maryland area. if you do, how can I get a job?
    Gary Wyatt Waxahachie, Texas September 26, 2013 at 10:57
    Great PR video...enjoyed it. Happy to be a customer!! Keep up the good work
    Jim Vranich Anthem, Arizona September 26, 2013 at 00:52
    Congratulations on your award for being a great place to work. I am originally from Michigan and also know that Traverse City, Michigan is a terrific place to live. There are many classic car insurers out their but I continue to send you my hard earned dollars. When other collectors say to me why Hagerty Insurance? I tell them its because you support the hobby. I'll be even more of a cheer leader for you once I receive the settlement check on my unfortunate claim for my burned -up 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - 409, 4-speed. All the best, Jim Vranich, Anthem, AZ
    Aloy Montagner United States September 27, 2013 at 09:37
    Wow, Hagerty seems like an awesome place to work. Makes me wish I lived in Michigan. Great job in creating that environment everyone!
    Mark Richmond Columbus Ohio September 29, 2013 at 11:47
    Being a Buckeye it is difficult to get excited about that state Up North. The exception being Hagerty and beautiful Traverse City. Thanks for doing what you do!
    Cathleen Ferguson Mequon, WI November 4, 2013 at 14:26
    Congratulations! What a great company and employees you have! I love writing your product!
    Doug Wolford Puyallup, WA November 4, 2013 at 15:28
    I have been a Hagerty agent since 1998. They have treated me like royalty! When my wife and I visited Traverse City they rolled out the red carpet, introduced us to all the department heads, asked what they could do to help us as agents! When I visited my captive insurance company's headquarters in Los Angeles, they said "We don't give tours to agents, but there's a shop down the hall where you can buy items with our company logo." What a difference!
    MARIA NORTHEAST GEORGIA November 4, 2013 at 16:22
    My agency writes for Hagerty and I just want to praise your employees! They are always so pleasant and helpful! Thanks!
    Kathleen Bouvette Los Oso, CA November 4, 2013 at 19:08
    Great video, I had a feeling he would go back to get his job. Congratulations. I love your web-site it's so easy to use and your prices are great. Nice company too, everyone is very polite when I call and very helpful.
    Patrick Ball Texas November 5, 2013 at 13:09
    CONGRATULATIONS Hagerty! I am proud to represent and sell Hagerty classic car insurance all across the nation from my friendly office in Highlands, TX. My independent insurance agency is 52 years old, so I know a quality company when I see it. Hagerty provides high quality service with very special solutions for my clients. Classic car owners do have special needs! Thanks for being a great service company and partner with Ball Insurance.
    Patti Ferron Charlotte NC November 5, 2013 at 16:18
    Kuddos to you all. I knew that your group was good because you do an outstanding job with my largest collectors. I wouldn't think of putting them with anyone else. It is great when you see companys yet that care about their staff and go out of their way to make them happy to be an employee.
    Bart Evans Rome,Pa August 27, 2014 at 17:46
    Its time for a TV show on the good,the bad and ugly on collectors and cars .