28 February 2013

Video: First-timer tackles lawn mower racing

Wipe that confused look off your face. I had the same reaction the first time I heard there were actually people out there racing lawn mowers. But after trying it, I’m in. Lawn mower racing is the perfect blend of speed, competition and camaraderie, and it’s also the most inexpensive form of motor racing out there. Grab a helmet and let’s mow!

Ray Fuller 49009 March 6, 2013 at 13:26
    Looks like a lot of fun. I remember when Tim Allan put a Harley in his rider and drove it on his show. Neat stuff for sure :-).
    reed martin delray beach, fl March 6, 2013 at 13:51
    Only in America!!
    Ron Rockford, Illinois March 6, 2013 at 14:51
    I own a couple of old Pontiacs and Volvos, and was given a 1969 Wheel Horse GT14 about 6 years ago shortly after I moved to a home on two acres. This first tractor led to several others, an engine rebuld and repainting all the components of one in bright red using Dupont single stage automotive paint. I find them to be as much fun to work on as any collector car I own, and they take good care of our home's lawn. The racing looks like lots of fun. Thanks for the article and video!
    jack timmers boston,ma March 6, 2013 at 15:52
    let me have it
    mike welch berlin Ct. March 6, 2013 at 10:47
    That looks like sooo much fun.I just may have to try it.Anywhere in Ct. that they do this?
    Gerald Cusmano New Jersey March 7, 2013 at 09:11
    How do you stop laughing so that you can race? Looks like wonderful silly fun.
    Norman Broussard Tellico plains, tn March 13, 2013 at 16:42
    hey we do this in southeast tn there is a track in inglewood about 10 miles from here and the local loins club host a race in the spring guys/and a few girls come from all over the eastern US its a blast to watch and fun to race currently working on a old 20hp Yardman that is seens its better days of mowing can,t wait to get it out on the track.
    LOU FILOS maryland November 25, 2013 at 15:56