Russo and Steele held its 13th annual Scottsdale auction on Jan. 17-20, 2013. The local company sent 710 lots across the block, selling 451 for a 64% sales rate. Total sales for the auction amounted to $17.7M, which was the lowest amount since 2010’s storm-struck sale. Of course, the auction’s average sale price of $37,975 was more than 20% improved over 2011’s figure of $31,259, indicating that car quality was at a higher level.
Top sale for the event was a 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL roadster that sold for $727,100. A documented 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 coupe also topped the half-million mark, selling for a strong $605,000. Another sale of note was the well-traveled 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 convertible that was previously owned by astronaut Gus Grissom. The car was sold post-block for $159,500.
- 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster sold for $727,100
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Coupe sold for $605,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Douglass Yenko Coupe sold for $253,000
- 1940 Packard Darrin Custom Convertible sold for $242,000
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 SportsRoof sold for $233,750
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Motion ZLX Coupe sold for $209,000
- 2006 Ford GT Coupe sold for $206,250
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Show Car Coupe sold for $176,000
- 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Convertible sold for $170,500
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Convertible sold for $159,500
Russo and Steele has added two new sales to its 2013 calendar. The first new auction is scheduled for Jun. 20-21, 2013, in Newport Beach, Calif. A Las Vegas, Nev., sale is also slated for Sept. 27-28, 2013, alongside Barrett-Jackson’s annual event.