Tractors aren’t a common collector vehicle, but the enthusiasm and devotion of tractor owners is extraordinary. Since most collectors have a personal connection to the farming industry, their tractors have sentimental value in addition to monetary value, so only they know their true worth. Protect these treasured tractors with the same Guaranteed Value ™ insurance Hagerty offers for classic cars.
Since tractors can be used for utility purposes and are sometimes operated by youthful drivers, it is important to thoroughly discuss their intended use with each owner. Tractors should be retired and no longer used for any type of farming. Here are some simple guidelines:
- All tractors must be 1980 or older.
- All tractors must be stock original.
- All tractors must be in restored or excellent condition.
- Usage must be consistent with a collectible vehicle – no utility or farm use.
- All tractors must be stored in a fully enclosed pole building or garage.
- Minimum value for a single tractor is $3,500, although accommodations can be made for lesser-valued tractors when quoting multiple tractors.
- Photos are required before Hagerty can issue a policy or add a tractor to an existing policy.
Many collectors also collect implements made for their tractors, and Hagerty is able to insure these accessories as long as they are 30 years or older, have been restored to original or better condition, and are part of a tractor collection. Examples of tractor implements include, but are not limited to: balers, corn harvesters, harrows, hay rakes, plows, seeder drills, spreaders, and hit-and-miss engines.
Quote your client's tractor collection today at www.hagertyagent.com