In less than 25 years, Hagerty has grown from a small agency headquartered in the Hagerty family basement to the leading provider of collector car and boat insurance in the world. How did we get here? By hiring great people and inspiring them to do their best!
Until a white 1960 Cadillac Eldorado convertible appeared last February in the window of a new $6 million service center in town, not many people paid attention to Hagerty Insurance. The handsome brick-and-glass building and eye-catching $85,000 car reflect the rising prominence of this family-owned company, which employs 325 people in Traverse City and is commanding a place at the head of this country's multibillion-dollar collector car industry.
- The New York Times, May 2006
At Hagerty, we provide an environment where innovation, creativity and hard work are honored and where the best idea always wins. We've implemented cutting-edge technology and work practices, but we're proud of our roots as a family-run business, so we strive to maintain a small-company culture. The fact that we're based in one of the most beautiful areas of the world doesn't hurt, either!
Our work is driven by a set of Values in Action:
- Enjoy Meaningful Work – Work Hard, Feel Good: We enjoy the work. We find pleasure in a job well done.
- Be Respectful – Earn Respect: We treat others with respect, dignity and grace. Share the passion.
- Do the Right Thing: We act with discretion and integrity.
- Own Your Results: We pursue excellence. We accept responsibility.
- Push the Boundaries: We fix what doesn’t work. What works, we improve.
- Promise and Deliver: We’re confident in our promises. We’re bold enough to do more.
- Adapt and Win: We anticipate what’s next. We expose our ideas. We move to win.
Think you're a fit for Hagerty? If so, we'd like to hear from you. View our current openings.