Founded by Hagerty®, the Collectors Foundation is a 501 (c)(3)nonprofit organization whose mission is to “Protect the Past. Build the Future.” by awarding scholarships and educational grants to organizations committed to hands-on education and making a difference in the lives of young people through the appeal of historic vehicles.
Since its founding, the Collectors Foundation has awarded over $2.0 million in grants and scholarships.
Thanks to the Collectors Foundation:
- At least 38 scholarships are awarded annually to students enrolled in post-secondary study of rod and custom building, restoration technology and transportation design.
- Each year over 110 at-risk students are being mentored by historic vehicle enthusiasts.
- Each school day 1,000 high school auto tech students are using specialty equipment purchased with grant funds.
- Annually, more than 50,000 school-age children visit some of the country’s best automotive and boat museums, where they receive integrated lessons in art, history and technology built around historic vehicles and supported by grants from the Foundation.
- Automotive and marine libraries have also been awarded grants from the Foundation to preserve valuable literature and documentation.
Hagerty also supports:
Historic Vehicle Association
The Historic Vehicle Association is focused on keeping “Yesterday’s Vehicles on Tomorrow’s Roads” by ensuring a supportive political environment and promoting the numerous positive social and economic activities of the historic vehicle community.
Operation Ignite! Youth Program
Hagerty’s Operation Ignite! is a suite of programs designed to grow young people’s interest in classic cars and boats. With entertaining activities, educational programs and hands-on participation, Operation Ignite! helps to spark knowledge and enthusiasm for classics.